Hey all. Okay, so I wanted to go some sort of weekly meme-type thing on here. Cause they’re fun. Since I’m just starting this blog and I have no idea how many people are even paying attention (mainly because I can’t figure out how to get WordPress to tell me how many subscribers I have), I’m not going to put a linky widget here or anything. But please feel free to leave me lots of comments with your opinions and answers, kay?
So Wednesday Sevens is essentially going to be a weekly list per a topic I think up. Because I like lists. And I don’t do any other Wednesday memes. And because 7 is kind of a random number but I like it.
This week, since it’s the first week, I’m starting off kind of basic. Can you name Seven Favorite TV Shows?
1. Dexter: Dexter is BAD ASS. It’s on Showtime, so unfortunately I have to wait until each season comes out on DVD to watch it. But Dexter revolves around – you guessed it – Dexter. He’s a blood splatter analyst for the Miami PD, but he’s also a serial killer who only kills bad people. Honestly, the show isn’t TOO gruesome. And there’s a little bit of nudity and such. I really think that the only reason this show is on Showtime is because the subject matter is touchy for some people. A serial killer who you’re supposed to cheer for? For shame! Love this show though.
2. Charmed: Yeah, I know it’s over. But it’s one of those shows that I can watch over and over again. As most of you probably know, it follows the lives of three sister witches (well, technically 4 sisters) who fight evil. Eight season long and it’s just great. I actually think that I’ll start re-watching this show again soon, cause I haven’t in about two years. And since I usually have a lot of time to kill at work, should take me a month or two to get through the whole thing. (Oh and BTW, my favorite sister is Piper. Which I why I searched for a picture that put her in the front.)
3. Firefly: Again, this show is over. Unfortunately, it only lasted one season before stupid Fox cancelled it. I didn’t watch it when it was on, mainly because I didn’t know about it. But now that I have watched it, and see the follow-up movie Serenity, I’m pissed that it didn’t last longer. In Firefly, humanity is scattered throughout space on a number of different terra-formed planets because we ruined Earth. The main cultures to survive this are apparently Southern / western-day like cultures, and the Chinese. Weird mix, I know. But seriously, this show is every man’s dream. How many men dreamt about being a space cowboy? Well ta-da! Captain Malcolm Reynolds and his crew live on the ship Serenity, taking odd jobs here and there to stay flying and to stay away from the government AKA The Alliance. Awesome stuff, I promise. Rent it from Netflix sometime, it’s great.
4. Cougar Town: As you guessed from my last post, I love Cougar Town! It’s about a group of friends, including Jules Cobb AKA Courtney Cox, living in Florida. GREAT sitcom, especially if you love comedy. Which I do. I’m very happy that it’s on tonight. I have amaretto sour makings in the cabinet waiting 🙂
5. Friends: Again, I know the show is over. But I love rewatching it. It’s just so familiar. When I go over to my older sister’s to hang out, a lot of times we end up having a drink and watching Friends while eating dessert. It’s the best. And it’s like The Simpsons – it’s just so quotable. I love that.
6. True Blood: Like Dexter, I usually have to wait for the DVD release to be able to watch it. But I love it nonetheless. It’s almost kind of soap-opera-ish cause there’s so much drama and stuff going on, but the characters are awesome and I love the paranormal aspects of it. Plus, I like vampires. (BEFORE the Twilight fad, mind you.) For peeps who somehow don’t really know what the show is about – mind-reader Sookie Stackhouse falls in love with a vampire and all sort of stuff happens in her little Louisiana town as a result. In this world, vampires are a well-known fact. Vamps come “out of the coffin” when synthetic blood is perfected.
7. The Office: The last but not least. This is another hysterical comedy. I have very fond memories of when I decided to try out the first season. The honeyman and I used to curl up on my mom’s couch and watch it for hours, laughing our asses off and drinking root beer floats. Now, every time I have a root beer float I feel like watching The Office. Weird how that happens. Basically an office of people deal with their super weird and sometimes annoying boss, Michael Scott AKA Steve Carell. I heard that season 7 is going to be Carell’s last though… really don’t know how much I’ll like the show after that.
Now I’m a little bummed that I decided to make this weekly thing a “seven” thing, cause I could name more. These shows get an honorable mention: Scrubs, Pushing Daisies, Lost, and House. You may have noticed that a lot of the shows I’ve mentioned aren’t on tv anymore, or are finished. I really need to find some newer shows to watch.
SO, that’s it! What are 7 of your favorite shows? Please leave me some comment love and share. Next week’s topic will be Favorite Movies. See you then!